Stress Recognizing and Managing the Symptoms
Stress is how you respond to change or challenging situations. Without healthy stress management techniques, stress may cause both physical and emotional harm.
- Lack of control caused by unclear job responsibilities or insufficient resources to do the job
- Boredom or burnout
- Fear of layoffs
- Lack of positive reinforcement from management or co-workers
- Difficulty prioritizing family life and work life
- Parenting issues
- Uncertain relationships or tension within your marriage
- Legal or financial/debt problems
- Coping with family illness or grief
- Irritability & mood swings
- Drug & alcohol abuse
- Isolation from family & friends
- Depression or anxiety
- Drastic change in eating habits
- Headache & muscle aches
- Heart attacks
- High blood pressure
- Prioritize your life & work commitments.
- Take control of your environment.
- Reward yourself with positive feedback and leisure activities.
- Exercise your heart and lungs regularly.
- Relax with music, walking or talking with family & friends, and getting adequate rest.
- Eat healthy and avoid foods high in fat and sugar.
- Recognize stress symptoms such as headaches, anxiety or insomnia that may cause more serious health problems.
- Be happy, enjoy life and look for the humor in life when things do not make sense.
If you are having difficulty dealing with the stress in your life, your Best Care EAP can help. For a confidential appointment with a professional counselor contact Best Care EAP. Call (402) 354-8000 or (800) 801-4182.