Stress is a common buzzword used to describe how you respond to change or challenging situations. Without healthy stress management techniques, stress may cause both physical and emotional harm.
- Lack of control caused by unclear job responsibilities or insufficient resources to do the job
- Boredom or burnout
- Fear of layoffs
- Lack of positive reinforcement from management or co-workers
- Difficulty prioritizing family life and work life
- Parenting issues
- Uncertain relationships or tension within your marriage
- Legal or financial debt problems
- Coping with family illness or grief
- Irritability & mood swings
- Drug & alcohol abuse
- Depression or anxiety
- Drastic change in eating habits
- Headache & muscle aches
- Heart attacks
- High blood pressure
- Prioritize your life & work commitments.
- Take control of your environment.
- Reward yourself with positive feedback and leisure activities.
- Exercise your heart and lungs regularly.
- Relax with music, walking or talking with family & friends, and getting adequate rest.
- Eat healthy and avoid foods high in fat and sugar.
- Recognize stress symptoms such as headaches, anxiety or insomnia that may cause more serious health problems.
- Be happy, enjoy life and look for the humor in life when things do not make sense.